Wednesday we moved in the stuff at our house. 4 car-loads, I believe.
Thursday we decorated and opened. Yvette and I did the "perishables" run. Costco came through with our business delivery, barely on-time. Spike and one of her friends did our first ice run. We provided support and space for the Vandermeers' most excellent party.
Friday we opened again. Well, Rich, Spike and Yvette opened (this was the pattern). There was a slight miscommunication on when lunch should come out and when breakfast should end, but that was solved for the next day. I did a giant Costco restock run; it's a miracle the car survived.
Saturday we opened again. I did the BevMo run for Amontillado, and Edgar's birthday cake was delivered.
Sunday we opened again. Coffee was a bit late because we ran out and had to get more at Safeway. We didn't close at 1:00, but started taking down and packing decorations. K picked up the Rug Doctor to do the carpets, and we did our second room. Around 5:00pm we brought out all the left-overs and dead dog party started.
Monday morning (after way too little sleep) we cleared out the suite and did the rest of the carpets. Moved out all of hospitality, only 2 car-loads going out.
Big thanks to:
- Cindy, for keeping track of our dollars; come Friday morning I knew I had to trust the receipts and not my personal spreadsheet
- Aaron, for getting the logistics runs that we really needed done done.
- Ann and Jeff Vandermeer and their crew (Victoria and Neil particularly), for keeping the ideas flowing and inspiring us to take the theme places we never expected
- Rich, for sound advice, even when in some cases we knew already because it helped us adjust our priorities, and for getting up every morning to open things
- LaMont, for always being there, and taking the job he was worried he wasn't experienced enough for
- Radar and Lisa H, for all the help moving in, and all the help keeping things going
- Spike, for repeatedly coming up with process improvements that made things run better (and for offering her help at the last minute when we hadn't even really thought of asking)
- Johno and Chriso, for getting the food processes organized enough we could just carry through on them
- España, for being her cheery self and pouring a lot of drinks
- Jo and Krys for always keeping up with the restock demands
- Henry and Letha for finding the time in their busy schedules and Letha's help with move-out
- Mark & Yvette for decor, haulage, and a lot of work
- Mo, for the most amazing Poe portrait and those wacky tikis (and a lot of work)
Seriously, we had the best crew and a great committee. I'm not sure I'm interested in working on another WFC (but ask again in a decade when someone out here feels like doing it again), but it was a great time working with everybody.