- “woodland camo” BDU pants or Utilikilt
- “woodland camo” BDU shirt
- “woodland camo” military fatigues patrol cap
or blue wool GI beret
- BDU belt
- olive-drab military T-shirt
- combat boots (infantry or tanker, doesn’t really matter)
- Avery #3384 iron-on inkjet canvas
Make the costume:
- Select a rectangle on page 2 in which your LiveJournal ID will fit, and type in your journal ID
- Print page 2 on the iron-on canvas
- Cut out the patches and place them as follows on the BDU shirt:
- Place the Livejournal tape and name tape above left-breast pocket, LJ tape on top
- The rank patches and “Frank the Goat” patches are to be laid out on the sleeves in the same fashion as in the printout.
- Place the “Frank the Goat” and rank patches on each sleeve at the shoulder, facing forward
- Place “rank patches” on each sleeve below “Frank”
What rank patches do I wear? The maximum number of chevrons is 3, which is why there aren’t more on the printout. On each sleeve:
- start with 1 chevron just for having an account
- add 1 chevron for being a paid, lifetime or early-adopter member
- add 1 chevron for being a member of one or more communities
- add the LJ community patch if you are a community maintainer
- The standard headgear for this unform is a matching patrol cap.
- “Early adopter” and “permanent” account holders may wear a blue GI beret instead of the standard fatigues patrol cap.
Where to buy:
- Check your local army/navy surplus store. This has the advantage of being cheap and also allowing you to try on pieces.
- If you’ve got military connections and live near a base, try the PX
- If nothing else, there are plenty of online and catalog suppliers including http://www.outinstyle.com/
Live Journal Commando Uniform created by bovil
Live Journal, the Live Journal logo, The Live Journal community icon and Frank the Goat property of Live Journal